- Ages 8 to 17
Reach the next level.
With its award-winning progression of terrain parks, Loon Mountain Resort is the ideal training ground for aspiring snowboarders and freeskiers - and the Competition Team is how they reach the next level.
The Competition Team (aka the ‘Comp Team’) is Loon’s most intensive seasonal program, designed for athletes who wish to spend the winter competing and training in USASA events in freestyle skiing, freestyle snowboarding, and alpine snowboarding. In recent years, Loon athletes have traveled to the USASA National Championships, notched podium finishes, and earned a reputation for excellence.
Comp Team athletes learn from freestyle-focused coaches many with competition backgrounds and certificates through PSIA/AASI, and USASA. Coaches work with athletes to promote sportsmanship and develop a strong work ethic, athleticism, and pride. Team members meet at their own private facility where they discuss training techniques and form new friendships.
To participate in a Seasonal Program or a Snowsports lesson, a guest must meet the following requirements:
- Age 7 or above, as of December 12, 2020
- Minimum height of 48 inches tall (the minimum height required to ride a lift alone)
- Physically able and comfortable loading, riding and unloading the lift by themself
These requirements allow for proper social distancing in most situations that a lesson may encounter during their day at Loon.
Private Lessons can be an option for families with children who do not meet the requirements; however, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the lesson.
If your child is currently signed up for Competition Team and does not meet the requirements, please contact Guest Services at 800-229-5666 x5400.
- Up to 42 days of on-snow coaching
- Program is in session weekends and holidays, starting December 5, 2020
- Includes these holiday periods: Christmas/New Year's Week, Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, and Presidents' Week
- Program does not meet December 24, 25
- Lunch is provided daily in a private facility.
- Terrain Park and Safety education
- Video analysis
- Express lift access
- Pre-season indoor goal-setting session and equipment evaluation
- Traveling coaches accompany athletes to regional USASA events.
- Coaching at other competitions is made on a case-by-case consideration.
- Hill space for Giant Slalom & Slalom training (snowboard)
- LUnch and snacks are provided each day, and held in a private facility
Our Snowsports team is working to adjust some of our processes for the upcoming winter. Stay tuned for updates.
Seasonal Program Promise
Loon is committed to providing the program on its scheduled days. If we cannot provide the program on a scheduled day for any reason, you will receive a credit pro-rated for the day(s) missed. The credit will be in the form of a gift card and given to you following the end of the 2020/21 winter season.
The Comp Team is currently sold out for the 2020/21 winter season.
Seasonal Program Refund Policy
There are no refunds, except in the case of illness or injury that precludes the child from participating for the remainder of the season. Contact the seasonal programs manager.