Reach the next level.
With its award-winning progression of terrain parks, Loon Mountain Resort is the ideal training ground for aspiring snowboarders and freeskiers - and the Competition Team is how they reach the next level.
The Competition Team (aka the ‘Comp Team’) is Loon’s most intensive seasonal program, designed for athletes who wish to spend the winter competing and training in USASA events in freestyle skiing, freestyle snowboarding, and alpine snowboarding. In recent years, Loon athletes have traveled to the USASA National Championships, notched podium finishes, and earned a reputation for excellence.
Comp Team athletes learn from freestyle-focused coaches many with competition backgrounds and certificates through PSIA/AASI, and USASA. Coaches work with athletes to promote sportsmanship and develop a strong work ethic, athleticism, and pride. Team members meet at their own private facility where they discuss training techniques, share lunch, and form new friendships.
- Up to 42 days of on-snow coaching
- Program is in session weekends and holidays, starting December 5, 2020
- Includes these holiday periods: Christmas/New Year's Week, Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, and Presidents' Week
- Program does not meet December 24, 25
- Lunch is provided daily in a private facility.
- Terrain Park and Safety education
- Video analysis
- Express lift access
- Pre-season indoor goal-setting session and equipment evaluation
- Traveling coaches accompany athletes to regional USASA events.
- Coaching at other competitions is made on a case-by-case consideration.
- Hill space for Giant Slalom & Slalom training (snowboard)
As of June 16, 2020
All seasonal programs are off sale until further notice. As we further develop our operating plans for next season, we will limit the total number of participants in each program. An update will be made at the end of summer regarding further sales of seasonal programs.
Call with questions:
Drop Off & Pick Up
Competition Team private facility next to Boyle's Break House (opposite of the Seasonal Program building).
- 8:30AM: Drop Off
- 3:00PM: Pick Up
Seasonal Program Refund Policy
There are no refunds, except in the case of illness or injury that precludes the child from participating for the remainder of the season. Contact the seasonal programs manager.