White Mountain Express Gondola
- Loon Mountain Resort
Take New Hampshire's longest scenic Gondola Skyride to the summit of Loon Peak, where breathtaking views and high-altitude adventure await!
Enjoy a scenic ride to the summit of Loon Peak in our four-person Gondola Skyride. At the end of the 1.3-mile ascent, you'll enter a high alpine world of refreshing breezes and stunning mountain views.
Please Note: The summit Glacial Caves are closed for the remainder of the season.
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Masks must be worn by all occupants while in the lift line and inside the Gondola Skyride.
- Sanitization stations are located at the base and top of the Gondola Skyride.
- Routine cleaning of the cabins is conducted daily.
- Tickets are sold in 30-minute Start Times.
- One-way traffic patterns are implemented in the Gondola Barn.
- RFID technology gates are utilized to reduce human contact.
- Visual cues and signs are in place as reminders to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between groups.
- Self-grouping is performed by guests. Guests who have traveled to Loon together (presumably from the same household) can ride the lift together. Guests who visit alone, should ride alone.
- Clear Unload Area signs are placed at unload area to reduce gatherings.
- Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- Gondola Skyride tickets include access to Herbert's Observation Tower and Summit Amphitheater.
- Tickets are sold in 30-minute Start Times and are limited per Start Time. Tickets are valid at the purchased Start Time and throughout the remainder of the day.
- Start Times begin at 10:00am.
- Online ticket sales end at 4:00pm. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket window until 4:30pm.
Foul Weather Policy
Loon Peak and Summit Cafe | Indoor Capacity & Foul Weather
In accordance with current state guidelines, the Summit Cafe holds a strict indoor capacity. In the event of foul weather, we must continue enforce those restrictions.
Before your visit, plan ahead.
In the event of rain, you may be restricted from entering the Summit Cafe if the venue has reached capacity. If you want shelter and the Summit Café has reached capacity, load the Gondola, return to your vehicle, and wait for the rain to pass. Your Gondola Skyride ticket is valid beginning at your chosen Start Time and throughout the remainder of the day.
In the event of lightning or other emergency where Gondola operations are suspended, a Loon team member will open an emergency shelter at the top of Loon Peak to host guests. Loon team members will inform guests of next steps. Masks are required inside the shelter at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.