Enjoy a scenic bike and stunning views in Franconia Notch, NH
Franconia Notch Bike Ride
Hop on a bike and explore the scenic wonders of Franconia Notch. Our shuttle will take you from the Adventure Center and drop you off at the northern end of the Franconia Notch Bike Path, where you’ll begin a 16-mile journey back to Loon. Along the way, you’ll pass clear glacial lakes, sheer thousand-foot cliffs, and stunning waterfalls.
Need to Know
- Franconia Notch Bike Ride shuttles run from June 16 to August 26.
- Shuttles depart the Adventure Center each Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Guests must check in by 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. for each respective ride.
- Each shuttle is limited to 10 bikes.
- Franconia Notch Bike Ride shuttles run from June 16 through October 8, excluding September 21-23.
- Is this ride doable? Do I have to be in Tour de France shape?
The Franconia Notch Bike Ride is a moderately challenging, 16-mile journey. The first half of the ride follows the Franconia Notch Bike Path, which travels mostly downhill with several short climbs. The second half of the route follows roads back into downtown Lincoln, where riders can follow a paved bike path the final mile back to Loon. Over 16 miles, the ride descends 1,562 feet and ascends 915 feet.
- How long does it take?
Most people will finish the ride in approximately 90 minutes, but we recommend that you allow ample time to stop and enjoy the scenery along the way.
- What if I get hungry? Are there places to eat along the way?
Food options in Franconia Notch are limited. For an extra $5, you can purchase an Energy Snack, a grab-&-go snack pack stocked with an organic energy bar, fruit and a bottle of water.
|Franconia Notch Bike Ride||All Ages|
|Ride + Bike Rental + Energy Snack||$50|
|Ride + Bike Rental||$45|
|Ride + Energy Snack||$20|