Ski & Snowboard Development Team
- Ages 7 to 17
A few short years ago, your kid could barely snowplow. Now you can barely keep up.
Designed for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders, the Development Team (a.k.a. the 'Dev Team') empowers kids to explore the mountain and develop their skills in a supervised, structured setting. No matter the weather, kids will be out on the mountain each weekend working with coaches to improve their all-mountain skills in racing, park & pipe, trees, and moguls.
Along with acquiring new skills, Dev Team members also form new and lasting friendships as teammates explore the mountain, hone their techniques, and enjoy lunch in the Seasonal Programs Building, their private facility.
To participate in a Seasonal Program or a Snowsports lesson, a guest must meet the following requirements:
- Age 7 or above, as of December 12, 2020
- Minimum height of 48 inches tall (the minimum height required to ride a lift alone)
- Physically able and comfortable loading, riding and unloading the lift by themself
These requirements allow for proper social distancing in most situations that a lesson may encounter during their day at Loon.
Private Lessons can be an option for families with children who do not meet the requirements; however, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the lesson.
If your child is currently signed up for Development Team and does not meet the requirements, please contact Guest Services at 800-229-5666 x5400.
- Up to 40 days of on-snow coaching
- Curriculum-based program includes safety and etiquette training to ensure consistency and well-rounded development
- Program starts December 12, 2020
- Includes weekends and holiday periods: Christmas & New Year's Week, Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, and Presidents' Week
- Program does not meet December 24, 25
- Foul weather activities are provided when necessary
- Lunch and snacks are provided each day and held in a private facility.
Our Snowsports team is working to adjust some of our processes for the upcoming winter. Stay tuned for updates.
Seasonal Program Promise
Loon is committed to providing the program on its scheduled days. If we cannot provide the program on a scheduled day for any reason, you will receive a credit prorated for the day(s) missed. The credit will be in the form of a gift card and given to you following the end of the 2020/21 winter season.
The Development Team is currently sold out for the 2020/21 winter season.
Seasonal Program Refund Policy
There are no refunds, except in the case of illness or injury that precludes the child from participating for the remainder of the season.