Be the Reason We Have a Season
- To assist in spreading out skiers and riders, we plan to be aggressive in opening terrain across the resort. We installed 41 new KLIK hydrants on Flying Fox, Link and Crosscut, and our strategy is to open select trails at each peak to get more lifts and lodges open quickly.
- We plan to operate all lifts this winter, as snow and conditions permit. Expect to see Seven Brothers Triple and East Basin Double operating more frequently.
- Facial coverings will be mandatory while in lift queues, loading, riding, and unloading all lifts. This includes while riding inside the Gondola.
- Wear your mask. And wear it correctly.
The on-sale date for lift tickets has been moved to early December (previously November 24, 2020).
- Daily lift tickets will be limited and must be purchased online, in advance.
- Tickets will be picked up at a contactless pickup box (PUB)
- Tickets are RFID-equipped and can be reloaded online for direct-to-lift access on future visits.
Ikon Pass holders must make a reservation to ski at Loon any day this winter. Reservations must be made at IkonPass.com During that reservation process, Ikon Pass holders will designate Friends & Family tickets at that time.
Currently, we are not planning on offering shuttles to and from Escape Route lots. The list of available lots are: Main Lot, Adventure Center Lot, Children’s Center Lot, River Lot, Beach Lot and South Peak Lot when Lincoln Express Quad is operating. Be respectful to our team and other guests when arriving and parking at the resort. Follow these simple rules:
- No oversized vehicles: includes, but not limited to, campers, RVs, and trailers
- No overnight parking or camping
- No alcohol
- No open flames or fires
- Don’t Litter
To accommodate for proper social distancing, the wait times for lifts will likely be longer and the length of each line may appear to be longer too. Be patient, keep your distance and wear a face covering throughout. When riding the Gondola, face coverings must be worn at all times and the windows must be kept open.
Guests who arrive together should ride the lift together. If you arrived alone, ride the lift alone. Self-grouping will be done by guests. Loon will not be grouping people together. Singles lanes and lesson-only lanes have been eliminated.
Barriers or Ghost Lanes will be in place in lift queues to allow for proper social distancing and/or barrier between guests.
Face Coverings Required
From the time you leave your car, wear a face covering. CDC guidance is to “wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19.” Wear it properly so that it always covers your mouth and nose. Make sure there are no holes in it – that defeats the purpose. Our team is here to ensure you have a great experience at Loon. However, you must do your part, too.
- Your car will be the place to boot up. No boot bags or equipment bags will be allowed in our lodges.
- There will be no bag check, cubbies or paid lockers available at the resort.
- You may need to ski or ride with a small backpack to keep snacks, handwarmers or an extra facemask. When riding the lift, keep it on your lap as you ride. Inside a lodge or facility, keep this bag with you and take it when you leave.
- The Octagon Lodge, Governor Adams Lodge, Pemigewasset Base Camp, Summit Café, Camp III and Boyle's Break House will function as restaurants. The Paul Bunyan Room and Babe's Blue Ox Lounge will operate similarly.
- Guests will be greeted at a designated lodge entrance and escorted to a table. Guests can order food or drinks via their mobile phone or from the lodge menu. Only dining guests will be allowed in these venues, and proper face coverings will be required unless seated.
- Each venue will have designated entrance and exit(s).
- Restrooms inside the Octagon Lodge and Governor Adams Lodge will be available for dining guests only. Additional restroom facilities are being added near these locations for non-dining guests. Restrooms accessible from the outdoors at the Octagon Lodge, Summit Café, Camp III and Pemigewasset Base Camp will be open to all guests.
- The Governor's Pavilion and Loon Mountain Sports upper level will be open to any guest looking for a quick warmup.
- The Camp III, the Paul Bunyan Room and Pemigewasset Base Camp decks will have additional weather protection to shield guests from the elements and make taking a break outdoors a little more comfortable.
The legendary apres-ski of Loon must wait until next winter. The Paul Bunyan Room and Babe’s Blue Ox Lounge will be open to hosted seating only. This includes the Paul Bunyan Room deck too. Guests will arrive, be seated by a host and will order food and drinks from their server at their table. Face coverings are required except while eating and drinking.
The Mug Club at the Bunyan Room and the Pitcher Club at Babe’s will not be offered this winter. A commemorative Paul Bunyan Room mug will be available for purchase throughout the season.
All rental equipment must be reserved online in advance. Guests will choose an Arrival Time to pick up their equipment – which will all be ready and waiting at that time. Evening pickup will be available on Friday and Saturday evenings until 7:00pm. Face coverings are required while indoors.
Rental equipment will be on sale starting in early December.
To participate in a Snowsports program or lesson this winter, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Age 7 or above.
- Minimum height of 48" tall (the minimum height required to ride a lift alone)
- Physically able and comfortable loading, riding and unloading a lift by themselves.
- Private lessons will be available until further notice and must be reserved in advance.
- Participants must meet the requirements above, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Private Lesssons can have a maxiumum of 5 guests per lesson.
- We are working to develop a Parent + Child (6 & under) Private Lesson option and will let you know if/when that becomes available.
Programs for children 6 & under (Kinderbear, P.K. Boo and Daycare) will not be offered.
- All participants must meet the requirements above to participate. Children must be age 7 on/or before December 12, 2020.
- Scouts (and formerly Junior Scouts) will not be offered.
- Development Team: All participants must meet the requirements above. As of October 2, 2020, we are evaluating the capacity of this program and do not yet know if additional spaces will become available.
- Competition Team: All participants must meet the requirements above. As of October 2, 2020, we are evaluating the capacity of this program and do not yet know if additional spaces will become available.
- Flying 50s will not be offered this winter.
First Class Beginner's Weekend will not be offered.
Women's Performance Camp will not be offered.
Evening sessions will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Sessions will begin at 2:00pm and the final session will end at 10:00pm. Tot Tubing will not be offered this winter.
The Adventure Center activities will not operate this winter. This applies to the following activities: zipline, snowshoe: tours, rentals, cross-country skiing: lessons, rentals, ice skating, and indoor climbing wall. The East Ridge Trail Network will be open to guests to snowshoe, cross-country ski and hike.
- Shuttle services to local lodging properties are limited to select areas.
- There will be defined stops at each lodging property where guests load/unload.
- The number of seats available on each shuttle has been reduced.
- Guests must be seated and wear a face covering while inside the shuttle.
- To find out if your property is included in the shuttle service, please contact your association.
- On-resort shuttle service will operate to transport guests between base areas.
- The J.E. Henry Railroad (the Train)will operate under the same restrictions as shuttles – face coverings required and reduced seating.