Sunday, March 17, 2019
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Governor Adams Lodge
Kids combine their love of snow and cardboard boxes at this annual rite of spring. Watch as wee folk glide down the mountainside in cardboard boxes they've transformed into helicopters, moose, and pirate ships.
- Vehicle must be made out of a cardboard box with a minimum of three sides, at least twelve inches high and must have a cardboard box bottom running surface.
- Vehicle must be lettered and decorated.
- Each vehicle must have one or more pilots.
- Pilots must be in the box.
- Handheld ski poles may be allowed for steering purposes, but cannot be attached to the vehicle.
- The following materials are allowed: Tape other than plastic, white glue (Elmer's type) wax, oil or water-based paint. Other materials may be used for decorating purposes only.
- The following materials are examples of what is NOT allowed on the running surface of the cardboard box: Wood, duct tape, metal, plastic, staples, rubber, epoxy, polyurethane, fiberglass, shellac, and varnish. Other materials may be excluded as well that cannot be used on the running surface.
- All participants must complete a release of liability.
- Any person under 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian to read & sign a release form.
Full schedule and other event details coming soon!